Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a quick one. Friday night the boys and I went to the gym where I ran (jogged) for 15 minutes, no stopping, and then did a few shoulder exercises. I couldn’t believe that I jogged the entire time, but this totally kick-butt reggaeton song was on and ended up being about 8 minutes long; when it started I was like, okay I’ll run through this song, not realizing that it was going to be as long as it was. I worked shoulders with lateral and front raises as a superset,and finished with shoulder presses on the Smith machine. Shoulders are probably my favorite muscle group to work, with legs coming in a close second. I have maintained some shoulder mass and definition despite not lifting as frequently or as heavily as I did pre-pregnancy, and I want to do my best to maintain what I’ve got through the end of my pregnancy and post-partum period, until I can get back to lifting the way I like.

Saturday I ran and did legs, and I felt exhausted afterwards.  I am getting to the point in my pregnancy where I really just need to slow down and pay more attention to recovery, which is a challenge for me. I finished my workout before Chad and while waiting for him I ran into one of my friends, Debbie, who just finished up a Power class. For anyone unfamiliar, Power is very similar to Les Mills’ Body Pump. Debbie went up in the amount of weights she used in class again; go girl!

I love it when women test their limits and show their strength, and I especially love when women are able to do this together. Empowering each other is so important, and that’s why I am so excited to participate in the Muderella event in Mineral, Virginia this September! The Muderella is a 5-7 mile, untimed obstacle course, geared towards women. They are popping up all over the country, but if you want to join our team, please let me know!  Yeah Team Pretty Dirty!

How was your weekend? What did you do for the sake of your wellness?

No comments:

Post a Comment