Friday, February 28, 2014

On turning 27.

I turned 27 yesterday, or, as I jokingly like to say “I celebrated the 2ndanniversary of my 25th birthday.” Really though, the number doesn’t bother me. I’m not upset about getting closer to thirty. In fact, I’m excited about what’s to come.

If you asked me to sum up the last year in one sentence I’d say “It was the year I began to embrace womanhood over girlhood.” Of course, technically I’ve been a woman for some time now, but women are powerful, little girls are not, and; I’m finding that every day I get more and more comfortable with my power and subsequently my womanhood.

This past year, particularly the past six months, I’ve faced a number of personal challenges. I’ve had to face some hard truths about people and situations in my life, and I’ve had to make some decisions, some of them very hard, some of them decisions that I must make over and over again. I have been tested and I have grown. I’ve seen some things about myself that I want to change, and I’ve also been proud of the choices I’ve made and the strength that I’ve shown myself and others.

To sum up the last year in one word: Grateful. I’m grateful for growth, for the challenges that pushed me to jump off a proverbial cliff, and  that forced me to trust myself and let myself be lifted up by my own wings. I’m grateful for the clarity and vision I’ve developed for the future and I'm excited for what's to come.

I’m grateful for a truly supportive and loving husband, my two, soon to be three little boys, some really great girlfriends, and renewed relationships with my aunt and two cousins. I’m grateful for the adventures that lay ahead, for the breath and energy to live each day, and for the grace and mercy of a God who never fails me.

And I’m grateful for each and every one of you who reads this blog and gives me the opportunity to connect with you.

Stay fierce.

xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment