Friday, January 31, 2014

Friday Five


It was a balmy 52 degrees here today, and tomorrow it's going to be 55, so maybe I'll lay out and tan. Just kidding. Honestly though, with the temperature creeping up past frigid, I’m getting itchy for spring. Also,  I’ve decided to introduce a new, monthly segment: Friday Five. Without further ado, here are my first Friday Five...

1.       Recharge. It’s basically a healthier alternative to Gatorade. During my Power class last night I apparently went ghost-white, and even though I felt okay, I decided to take it easy on weights the rest of the class. Reflecting back on it, I think I didn’t eat enough/drink enough before class, and a friend suggested I bring Gatorade with me to the gym to help stay hydrated. I've been really tired today too, so I figured it would be a good idea to get in some extra electrolytes. Recharge tastes like watered down Gatorade, and I actually really like it. It is significantly more expensive than a Gatorade of comparable size though, so I'll probably rotate the two. 
2.       Punxatawney Phil. He’s a creepy little thing and I’m hoping he doesn’t see his shadow. 
3.       The 90s station on Pandora.  Pushed me through my mountain of paperwork today. The first song to play was TLC’s “No Scrubs”, followed up by some Destiny’s Child. Perfect.
4.       Soba noodles. These noodles are made out of buckwheat and are very versatile; I highly recommend trying these if you haven’t already. Fabulous recipe over at Alexandra Cooks, which you can find here. The sauce complements the noodles perfectly. I added more than a few extra squirts of Sriracha because I love the heat, and if you like heat then you might consider doing the same. 
5.       This quote: “Don’t try to win over the haters…you are not a jackass whisperer.” – Brene Brown, seriously I love her.

Have a fierce and fabulous weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment