Monday, December 30, 2013

Meal Prep Monday

One of the goals I have for 2014 is to be more consistent about prepping my meals for the week. I’ll talk more specifically about health/fitness/lifestyle goals in another post, but I wanted to share a little bit of my meal prep for the week with ya’ll. In the future, I will most likely prep on Sunday nights, but with the way our schedule is for the week, it worked out that I did my shopping on Monday night instead.

Here’s our dinner menu for the week:

Monday: Whole-wheat spaghetti with marinara. ( I like to add lots of veggies to the sauce!)

Tuesday: Lighter Loaded Baked Potatoes ( Loaded with veggies, a sprinkle of cheese, and salsa.)

Wednesday/Thursday:  Balsamic Crockpot pork loin, kale, and brown rice with gravy. (I’m Southern. Sometimes I have to have gravy.)

Friday/Saturday: Betty’s Bean Casserole , cornbread. (This is a recipe from my Mother-In-Law that I need to tweak a little bit before I share with everyone. It’s not really a casserole, more like a stew/soup thing and it is seriously so good.)

Breakfasts are usually oatmeal and fruit for me. The boys will often get a Jimmy Dean sausage biscuit and fruit, or a waffle and fruit, something that they can munch on while we drive to school.  

Lunches will consist of either blackbean or chickpea burgers, cucumber salad, and other items such as yogurt, string cheese, carrots and hummus, or nuts. Also, I love to throw in a square of Ghiradelli Dark to help me keep cravings for sweets under control. My husband eats a little bit differently than me, but he has the luxury of being 6’3” and having a very physical job. So yeah, I’m jealous about that.

I’m excited to use my 6-pack bag again. This thing is a tank. Naturally I’ve lost most of the accompanying tupperware, so I’ve stuffed some stuff in baggies and shoved it into the little compartments. Cause that’s just how I roll, baby!


Do you pack lunch? Do you prep ahead of time or the day of? I’d love to hear any tips for staying consistent that work for ya’ll!

No comments:

Post a Comment