Friday, December 27, 2013

Holiday Indulgences

Hey ya’ll! I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas. I know I definitely did. The kids woke up early to open their gifts and then we all pretty much sat around in our pajamas and ate chocolate all day. I’m actually not kidding. Bri, my former stepmom, stuffed our stocking with some of my favorite chocolates: Dove and Ghiradelli, so basically it was over before it started for me. And you know what? I don’t feel guilty. I’m not looking up how many burpees I need to do or how long on the treadmill it will take me to burn all of that off, and I am certainly not weighing myself. I’m just moving forward. I saw something posted on Facebook by one of my favorite pages, Lean Bodies Consulting, that said

“Exercise should not be done as a punishment for what you have consumed. Doing extra cardio in an attempt to offset a dietary deviation represents a dysfunctional relationship with both food and exercise.” –Coach Mark

Wow. That is so powerful, true, and simple, and yet how many memes do we see on Facebook, Twitter, IG, etc, that are of the exact opposite nature? I for one have stopped following pages that promote that kind of thinking, because it is the type of thinking that I was enslaved by for so long, and am working hard every day to be free from. Also, that is why one day, should I ever be able to afford them, I will be going with either Lean Bodies Consulting or Curls and Whey, their “sister site” for diet and training plans.

Have you indulged this holiday season? I hope so. Do you feel guilty? I hope not. Let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment