Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Life lately...

Lots has been going on in our household over the past month or so. We moved back into Roanoke, and finally into our apartment last week. We are in the final stages of unpacking, and the boxes of stuff to throw out/give to Goodwill are now outnumbering the boxes that need to be unpacked. Whew! I will tell you this, moving a week before Christmas with a 4 year old, 16 month old, and being 22 weeks pregnant is no small feat! We were lucky enough to have the boys go stay with their Grandma and Aunt for part of the weekend, and we were able to get a lot done in that time. We also had some help moving stuff in from some friends earlier in the week, and my dad came and helped move furniture on Saturday. Everyone has been earning their sleep!

Chad and I were able to go out to dinner without the kids this weekend, which is something that rarely ever happens. It was awesome. We had plans to go to a favorite restaurant of mine, Wildflour, because I had a gift card from my secret Santa at work (who turned out to be my officemate!), but by the time we were actually ready for dinner the restaurant was only open for another hour. We opted for a trusty standby: Mexican food. We had a go to Mexican place by our old apartment, and have lucked out this time as well; one of their sister restaurants is just right down the street. I have to say that I thought the food at this location was actually better than at any of their other locations! Chad had a margarita, while I looked on longingly.

This weekend was the first time that I have actually felt pregnant. Of course, I have realized that my body is growing and I have been feeling Baby Boy moving for quite some time now, but other than early stage morning sickness, I really have not feltpregnant. That all changed on Saturday in the shower. I had this moment where I was like, Oh my God, here we go. I am like, pregnant pregnant. Unless you have had a baby, you probably won’t be able to relate to this sentiment. I was kind of like, hmm, maybe I can just order in and put my pajamas on and we can go to bed. I was glad I forced myself to get dressed and go out though, and I know my husband appreciated it as well!

We were able to do some child free shopping this weekend as well. We picked up some things for the apartment, and I got a new water bottle. If you know me well, then you know that I have a problem when it comes to water bottles. I collect them. I have to. I say I have to, because I always end up breaking them. Who breaks a water bottle, you might ask? I do. I drop them and they break. I personally prefer to have a water bottle that has a straw, that way I can just drink water hands free at my desk while typing and talking on the phone; however, I have not been able to find an indestructible, pink, water bottle that has a sipper, so I went back to the only water that I know that even I cannot break: a Nalgene. I already feel more outdoorsy/preppy. But seriously, I love it. I love knowing that when it inevitably drops out my hand, I will have the last laugh. Because it can’t break.  No really, it is pretty much impossible to break. Look it up on YouTube. 

Am I the only one who has a specific water bottle or cup that they must use?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment